The employee will invent, devise, and implement robust software solutions for placement and routing of large FPGAs, leveraging unique features of the Achronix FPGA technology. The employee will utilize his/her knowledge of electronic design automation (EDA) algorithms in the context of a high-performance timing-driven FPGA placement and routing and will make significant contributions to the ACE software tool chain.
The employee will primarily be responsible for inventing, designing and implementing novel FPGA placement and routing algorithms in the (ACE Software tool chain. The candidate will be an expert in the area of EDA for VLSI. The candidate will have a unique opportunity to collaborate directly with other Achronix Research and Development (R&D) Software team members working on synthesis, detailed routing, global routing, detailed placement, global placement, timing improvements, runtime analysis, runtime and memory optimizations, and continuously improve quality of results.
- At least four years of university/industrial software development experience in R&D of EDA software.
- Excellent programming and debugging skills, and proficiency in C++ programming language.
- Expert understanding of EDA software data structures and algorithms, specially VLSI circuit placement and routing in the context of FPGAs.
- Strong analytical skills to understand cause and effect in large software code base.
- Ability and willingness to try novel approaches to engineering problem solving. Good programming and debugging skills. Candidate should be an expert in C++.
- Familiarity with Linux operating system and Verilog and/or VHDL hardware design languages.
- Familiarity with software multi-threading techniques.
- Good understanding of digital circuits.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, especially Tcl and Python.
- Experience with EDA tools.
Experience and Education
- MS in Engineering (Computer Science, Electrical/Computer or other related/applied engineering) from a top research university with at least two years of industrial experience in EDA software development using C++.
- Ph.D. with original dissertation in EDA software R&D from a top research university, preferred.