The Technology Ecosystems group at Achronix is looking for an all-round, broadly oriented, hands-on architect as a team member who’s highly motivated to make an impact by making Achronix FPGA products the most compelling solution for customer requirements across a wide variety of disciplines, varying from AI/ML through HLS to manufacturing yield enhancement. Achronix focuses on high-performance FPGA solutions in the form of stand-alone FPGAs, embedded FPGA IP and chiplets, manufactured on a variety of technology nodes ranging from modern to cutting-edge. Achronix is known for having been the first to deliver FPGAs with hard protocol controllers, the first FinFET FPGAs, the first successfully deployed embedded FPGA IP, the first highly integrated design flow, and so on.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Conceive, architect and implement new ideas to improve Achronix FPGA products
- Explore and define new vertical technical solutions
- Research existing approaches and innovate on them
- Create prototype implementations
- Specify requirements for productization
- Work with engineering to help convert ideas into products
- Develop customer-specific point solutions
Secondary Job Responsibilities
- Support sales with customer-oriented case studies.
- Perform analyses and generate proposals to solve customer challenges
- Prepare and review analyses and presentations
- Support marketing by developing white papers, online publications and conference submissions.
- Self-motivated/self-starting team player, collaboration focused
- Deep expertise on all architectural and implementation aspects of FPGAs
- FPGA hardware architecture, FPGA architecture and device modeling. Understand and proficient in FPGA user design flows from RTL to synthesis, place and route, and STA.
- Proficient in Verilog and SystemVerilog.
- Experience with scripting languages including Tcl
- Implementation and debug of complex FPGA designs
- Proven track record on innovations
- Superb communication skills
- Strong ability to independently recognize problems and a strong drive toward robust problem resolution.
- Experience with mapping challenging designs to FPGAs and identifying opportunities for PPA improvements.
- Tools: Synplify, ACE, Vivado/Vitis, Quartus, etc.
- Able to set up and run simulations with ModelSim, VCS or other relevant simulators.
- Knowledge of, and experience with the following domains is a plus: HLS, C/C++, AI/ML, CPU cores
- Experience with VHDL is a plus
Education and Experience
BSEE/CE/CS plus 10 years of experience, or MSEE/MSCE/CS plus 7 years of experience