You will research, invent, and implement robust software solutions for placement, routing and timing optimization of Speedster7t large standalone FPGAs and Speedcore embedded FPGAs (eFPGAs), while leveraging unique features of the Achronix FPGA technology. You will utilize your knowledge of EDA algorithms and data structures, in the context of a high-performance timing-driven FPGA placement and routing application, to make significant contributions to the ACE software tool chain. You will have a unique opportunity to collaborate directly with other Achronix research and development (R&D) software team members working on synthesis, detailed routing, global routing, detailed placement, global placement, timing optimization, runtime analysis, runtime and memory optimizations. You will contribute to a culture of agile innovation and continuous quality improvement.
- At least ten (10) years of industrial software development experience in R&D of EDA software with a history of increasing responsibilities.
- Excellent programming and debugging skills, and expertise in the C++ programming language.
- Expert understanding of EDA software data structures and algorithms, specially VLSI circuit placement, routing, and design optimization in the context of FPGAs.
- A proven track record of R&D contribution in commercial EDA Software products that is directly responsible for customer success.
- Knowledge and prior experience in developing and optimizing FPGA architectures is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills to understand cause and effect in large software code base.
- Ability and willingness to try novel approaches to solve difficult software engineering problems.
- An out-of-box thinker with a can-do belief will fit in very well with the Achronix Software team.
- Expertise with Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems, compilers, and IDEs.
- Familiarity with the Verilog and/or VHDL HDLs.
- Familiarity with software multi-threading techniques.
- Excellent understanding of digital circuits.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, especially Tcl and Python.
Education and Experience
- MS in Engineering (Computer Science, Electrical/Computer, or other related/applied engineering) from a top research university with at least ten (10) years of industrial experience in EDA software development using C++.
- Ph.D. with original dissertation in EDA software R&D from a top research university, and a portfolio of high-impact peer-reviewed publications, is preferred.