The employee will work on the design, implementation, and characterization of full-custom, high-performance digital logic in 14nm/16nm and below. The employee will share responsibilities across design and verification. His or her responsibilities will include the following:Job Description/Responsibilities
Primary Job Responsibilities
- CMOS circuit design of different macros in the FPGA fabric (full-custom portion of the FPGA), including clock distribution in the fabric.
- Track planning over the fabric, evaluating performance of various metals in the interconnect stack.
- Timing, EM, and IR flows and methodologies for the fabric.
- Library characterization of custom standard-cell library cells.
- Assist in the physical design of fabric IP using industry-standard place-and-route tools (RTL to GDS).
- Collaborate with other members of the team to optimize our physical design and verification methodologies.
- Estimate power, performance, and area of RTL blocks both before and after physical implementation.
- Develop design methodologies and guidelines for each process node.
- Work closely with foundry employees on process development, customer support, EDA, reliability, test, and product qualification.
- Develop automated processes for block-level and system-level verification.
- Experience with digital VLSI CMOS circuit design and physical design in advanced FinFet technology nodes.
- Experience with schematic entry, netlist generation, and SPICE simulation.
- Understanding of layout, layout-dependent effects, and parasitic effects.
- Comfortable with physical design, verification, and analysis tools from vendors such as Synopsys and Ansys.
- Comfortable designing flows and methodologies from scratch and maintaining them.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Experience with digital VLSI design.
- Experience reading and writing RTL (e.g., Verilog).
- Experience with commercial ASIC CAD tools (e.g. DC, ICC, PrimeTime, Totem).
- Experience with commercial CAD flows (LVS, DRC, simulation, etc.).
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts is a plus.
- Familiarity with revision-control systems (e.g., perforce, git) is a plus.
- Familiarity with using and/or designing FPGAs is a plus.
- Familiarity with hardware protocols such as Ethernet, PCIe, and DDR3/4 is a plus.
- Well organized, punctual, and excellent communication skills.
Education and Experience
- MS in electrical engineering or computer science +2-10 years experience