The India Technology Center leads much of the SoC development at Achronix Semiconductor, working on end-to-end design development, from architecture development all the way to chip tape-out for Achronix’s Speedster class of FPGAs.
The Hardware Engineering group in India is responsible for all SoC hardware and package design at Achronix. The group develops and integrates high-speed serial and parallel interface PHYs and controllers, network-on-chip, clocking and reset, etc. The Hardware Engineering group is hiring a Design Engineer, who will be responsible for developing the automations for design integration and implementation. The employee will receive automation requirements from various teams, and write Perl/Python code to implement those requirements. The employee will contribute to flows across RTL, verification, physical design, DFT and package design. The employee may also be responsible for maintaining various design and engineering databases.
The employee should be self-driven, constantly looking to set the bar higher, and a driver of excellence.
The employee should have strong hands-on coding experience, and knowledge of Linux. Prior experience in the VLSI space or expertise in any area of VLSI design would be good.
The employee’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Write scripts to automate specific requirements for different engineering teams
- Own and maintain some engineering and design databases
- Help drive methodologies and best practices across all SoC design
- Participate in meetings within the design automation and SoC teams
- Expertise in coding, especially Perl and Python, with experience in building large projects, and having taken part in various coding contests, hackathons, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, and setting up flows in Linux
- Good experience with version control tools, especially Perforce
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Intrinsically driven, and always raising the bar
- Ability to take high-level requirements, and create solutions around those. Must be able to see the big picture on flows
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, with a proactive mindset
- Works well with other team members and has a collaborative approach
- Any VLSI domain or tool knowledge
- Knowledge of server infrastructure, and optimizing its performance is a big plus
Education and Experience
- BS, MS or Diploma with SW development experience
- Previous experience in 1-2 VLSI product developments is a plus