- Design of characterization and evaluation printed circuit boards (PCBs) for all Achronix FPGA products, with the immediate focus being the Speedster7t FPGA family.
- Design of reference and demonstration boards to demonstrate Achronix products, including DDR, GDDR, PCIe, and Ethernet protocol support.
- Signal and power integrity analysis and design.
- Work with PCB design and layout vendors to ensure successful and on-time delivery of boards.
- Participate in cross-functional bring-up, validation, characterization, support and documentation efforts related to Achronix devices.
- Generate bring-up and reference designs, including FPGA designs, to showcase Achronix device operation and capabilities with different protocols and different data rates.
- Participate in planning discussions for PCBs and customer demonstrations for future Achronix products.
- Experience with PCB design, including schematic capture, placement, and routing.
- Experience working with and managing third-party PCB design and layout vendors is a plus.
- Working knowledge of signal and power integrity principles.
- Hands-on experience with S-parameters, transmission lines, and impedance profiles.
- Hands-on experience with SPICE or other circuit simulation tools; HFSS or other 2.5 or 3D field solvers is a plus.
- Knowledge of high-speed serial interfaces such as GDDR5/6, PCIe, and Ethernet is a plus.
- Experience with parallel memory interfaces such as DDR4 is a plus.
- Experience in FPGA design and testing is a plus.
- Good communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Programming skills in Verilog, Python, or C.
Education and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience working on PCB design, bring-up, and debug.
- Experience with lab test equipment, specifically those needed for protocol bring-up: oscilloscopes, function generators, logic analyzers, BERTs, back planes, etc.
- Master’s degree in EE or equivalent, or a Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience.
Board Design Systems Engineer (6410-1007)
Type of Position
Sr. Director, Systems Engineering
Santa Clara, California