- Act as the technical lead in customer engagements, being the point-person for all technical issues, delegating and working with the engineering teams and other members of the Applications team as appropriate.
- Work with the Technical Project Manager (TPM) to jointly drive the technical and the management aspects of primarily new and on-going Speedcore engagements.
- Ensure seamless hand-offs between factory applications and field engineering teams for all technical issues and deliverables that are a part of technical engagements.
- Provide support to customers worldwide, to resolve challenging technical issues and ensure successful integration of Achronix programmable logic solutions.
- Work closely with engineering to drive product planning and implementation efforts. Provide guidance based on industry experiences and trends on product roadmaps and strategies.
- Put together reference/demo designs, other technical collateral like user guides and application notes to showcase and document FPGA features to customers.
- Provide on-site support to customers as needed, for issues ranging from software set-up to benchmarking and silicon characterization.
- Up to 25% travel may be required
- Background in back-end (ASIC) implementation methodology, concepts and tools.
- Familiarity with IP deliverables including, but not limited to, GDSII, LEF, lib files and CPM.
- Good communication and writing skills with ability to multi-task.
- Verilog expertise; System Verilog and VHDL knowledge is a plus.
- Fluency in Mandarin, and ability to translate from English to Mandarin is a must.
- Solid understanding of FPGA / programmable logic architecture and design flows is a plus.
- Strong logic design and verification background with experience in STA is a plus.
- Knowledge of SerDes PMA/PCS architecture and protocol IP – in particular PCIe, Interlaken and 10G/40G/100G Ethernet – and how SerDes need to be set up to work in such cases is a plus.
- Experience with DDR3/4 memory interfaces and understanding of HMC/HBM solutions is a plus.
- Experience with processors, specifically with relation to FPGA implementation, is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in EE, CE or equivalent work experience
- Ten years experience working with FPGAs and/or ASICs in an applications, system-level or architect role
- Ability to work in the lab with test equipment (oscilloscopes, function generators, logic analyzers etc.)
Applications Engineering Technical Lead (7800-1005)
Type of Position
Santa Clara, California