Achronix is a privately held fabless corporation based in Santa Clara, California and offers high-performance FPGA solutions. Achronix's history is one of pushing the boundaries in the high-performance FPGA market. Achronix offerings include programmable FPGA fabrics, discrete high-performance and high-density FPGAs with hardwired system-level blocks, data center and HPC hardware accelerator boards, and best-in-class EDA software supporting all Achronix products.
|Position Profile Name:||Board Design – Systems Engineer|
|Type of Position:||Regular, Exempt|
|Reports to:||Senior Director, Systems Engineering|
|Location:||Santa Clara, California|
- Design of characterization and bring-up PCBs for all Achronix FPGA products, with the immediate focus being a new FPGA family.
- Design of reference and demonstration boards for Achronix products, including DDR, GDDR, PCIe, and Ethernet protocol support.
- Work with PCB design and layout vendors to ensure successful and on-time delivery of boards.
- Participate in cross-functional bring-up, validation, characterization, support and documentation efforts related to Achronix devices.
- Support applications teams and third-party vendors in providing guidance on PCB design to host Achronix devices to ensure that target specs can be met at the board level.
- Generate bring-up and reference designs, including FPGA designs, to showcase Achronix device operation and capabilities with different protocols and data rates.
- Participate in road-mapping and planning discussions for PCBs and customer demonstrations for future Achronix products.
- Expert in PCB design, with a focus on bring-up and characterization boards.
- Experience working with and managing third-party PCB design and layout vendors.
- Experience designing boards with PCI Express, DDR, and Ethernet interfaces.
- Experience analyzing power distribution networks.
- Strong understanding of signal integrity and power integrity concepts, specifically as they pertain to the above-mentioned protocols.
- Ideally has experience developing FPGA logic design for protocol bring-up and test.
- Good communication skills and ability to multi-task.
Education and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working on PCB design, bring-up, and debug.
- Experience with lab test equipment, specifically those needed for protocol bringup – oscilloscopes, function generators, logic analyzers, BERTs, backplanes, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in EE, CE or equivalent work experience.